What is it that is "not as fast" or "worse" than XP? On minimal requirements, yeah vista is a hog. But otherwise, what makes it so bad?

Beyond the original vista driver issues, anybody ever had the XP SP3 constant reboot problem? I remember there being problems with XP when it came out too, and now everyone loves it. People don't like change. I think the same thing is happening here.

Some proof is in the Windows Mojave experiment. Vista got this horrible rep. at the beginning. First impressions are everything, and Vista didn't do too well.

I use to be one of the VISTA "haters." My brother got a new computer with VISTA, and my friggin 1GB flash drive couldn't be recognized. What the heck? But after SP1, I've never had a problem. And now I love vista. I can tell you that the main family computers runs 24hrs a day for...weeks at a time without a reboot. XP couldn't do that. Not for me anyways. Three users "logged in" simultaneously. Honestly, if you sit down with vista for more than a couple of hours, your perception might change.

In the end- we all have our own needs/wants from our computers. That is why there is different OSes/versions.