Thread: New Projects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
    Good to know!
    I've tatoo'd it on my forehead so we'll be ready next time.

irc.aknarra.net #lobby
    irc.free-dc.org #free-dc

Blog Entries
    You know what we need is a list of all current BOINC projects and a link to attach with

Like this
    ABC@Home = http://abcathome.com/

AlmereGrid = http://boinc.almeregrid.nl/

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Doable as a sticky I'm sure.

Sync(Boinc Projects.thread(this), Stats.thread('new projects');
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    The stats pages all have links to the projects.. perhaps a small 'home' icon could be placed on each row on the index page which links to the project home ?

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    I suppose that's possible a little icon all depends on the size of it really, hmm
    dang just checked to see if there was a web / wingdings "character" we could use nope...
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Blog Entries
    I'm running it on one machine..

No xml is being exported so it can't be added yet..... but I'm watching it along with a few others.

Bok

Hello and thanks for your interest on Neurona@Home.

Please use the code

<Code removed by Bok - PM myself or Nebojsa if you want it, I just did not want it public for anyone at all as I know they do want to limit membership somewhat while it's still beta>

to subscribe to the project, and feel free to give the code to anyone of your team if they want to join too.
    Last edited by Bok; 06-25-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NEBOJSA View Post
    Hello and thanks for your interest on Neurona@Home.

Please use the code

Neurona@1456346

to subscribe to the project, and feel free to give the code to anyone of your team if they want to join too.
    All I am getting is
    6/25/2011 3:06:51 PM Neurona@Home Message from server: Neurona@home _("is not available for your type of computer").

What type of computer do I need

The Van Der Waerden Numbers project (vdwnumbers.org) aims to find better lower bounds for these numbers. The sequence of colors BRRBBRRB (where B is blue and R is red) does not have an evenly spaced subsequence of length 3 that are the same color. However, if you add a B to the end, you get BRRBBRRBB, which has the same color blue in positions 1,5, and 9 which are evenly spaced 4 apart. If you add an R to the end, you get BRRBBRRBR, which has R at position 3, 6, and 9. In fact, with only two colors, there is no sequence of length 9 of Bs and Rs that does not have a subsequence of 3 evenly spaced of the same color. Van der Waerden's Theorem states that for any number of colors r and length k, a long enough sequence always has an evenly spaced subsequence of the same color. The smallest length guaranteed to have an evenly spaced subsequence is called the Van Der Waerden Number and is written W(k,r). For example, W(3,2)=9. This project aims to find better lower bounds for Van Der Waerden Numbers by finding sequences like BRRBBRRB using large prime numbers with special properties.

Blog Entries
    And it looks like stats are exported. Added.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    The stats pages all have links to the projects.. perhaps a small 'home' icon could be placed on each row on the index page which links to the project home ?
    Some of the stat page links work but give errors in the BOINC log . But I forget what ones they are
    You would think the BOINC website would have a more complete list posted
    The Free-DC stat index gives a better list then BOINC does

I couldn't find a thread for the GPUGrid@Home project. So I hope Bok or someone will start one.

I have put 4 260 GTX's on GPUGrid to try and move Free-DC above the 9000 point level in the DC Vault. I am hoping that people with available Nvidia GPUs will help the team move up a position or two.

I'm hoping we can get all DC Vault projects above the 9,000 point level.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWayne View Post
    I couldn't find a thread for the GPUGrid@Home project. So I hope Bok or someone will start one.

I have put 4 260 GTX's on GPUGrid to try and move Free-DC above the 9000 point level in the DC Vault. I am hoping that people with available Nvidia GPUs will help the team move up a position or two.

Sorry, all of mine are commited to stomping Laurenu2 on Milkyway in a few days. You should also know that GPUgrid has problems with the GTX260s (at least the last time I checked) and credit is lower than Collatz or Milkyway.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWayne View Post

Look under http://www.free-dc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137 PS3Grid/GPUGrid. The project originally ran on Playstation 3 running Linux; that's how I got my first 1.9 million on it. Then, they added support for CUDA cards; eventually they dropped the PS3 support.