Thread: testing new client on Haiku

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My two tests completed last night, btw - and looks like they were uploaded just fine... damn, not prime

I hadn't bothered grabbing any new tests yet, but I did make another tweak the client per prime95's review of the code. I had neglected to add Haiku-specific logic to alter thread priorities, thus the cruncher threads were running at "normal" priority along with the others, but now with my new client build they are dropped to the lowest possible priority as desired. It was like 3 lines of code, so I guess that's no big deal...

I did use this new client to finish off the two tests, so I know it works just as well. I'll probably pick up another couple tests tonight and run with them - so keep an eye for them

- Urias

Quote Originally Posted by umccullough View Post
    My two tests completed last night, btw - and looks like they were uploaded just fine... damn, not prime
    That would certainly have been a boon for the project, the new client and Haiku! You'll have to work extra hard on these next two tests to make sure they're prime - it'll be great for publicity

I know this belongs in the Sieving forum, but I just wanted to say I'm pretty excited that I now have an sr5sieve/sr2sieve port running in Haiku as well, with very close performance to the Linux version.

I only had to edit Makefile, config.h, and add the priority-setting code to priority.c - EASY! I am surprised at how portable it is

After I do some more testing on that (running some ranges through Haiku's version and then also Linux version) I'll get that published as well.

Next on my list: BOINC... boy that's gonna be fun (I already started, but stopped when I ran into the <sys/shm.h> requirement :P )

Quote Originally Posted by umccullough View Post
    Next on my list: BOINC... boy that's gonna be fun (I already started, but stopped when I ran into the <sys/shm.h> requirement :P )
    Wow, actually wasn't as bad as I thought...although it's still a rough port:

http://picasaweb.google.com/umccullo...24982622759906