Thread: Wrapper talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG HERE yoyo IS LISTED AS ONE USER
    In which stats?
    I do not see a yoyo in the OGR27 top10 (dnet stats are down, so I linked free-dc stats).

In Muon stats boinc is listed without a place number.

yoyo

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
    In which stats?
    I do not see a yoyo in the OGR27 top10 (dnet stats are down, so I linked free-dc stats).

In Muon stats boinc is listed without a place number.

yoyo
    I don't display all OGR teams/users though (impossible) so that doesn't mean it's not there. As you say the stats are down at DNET so I can't look

DPAD is interesting. Is that a recent decision to mark the user as non-ranked ? The boinc wrapper is certainly #1 in my stats as I just parse the csv files and generate my own rankings based on the values. It would be 'clumsy' to exclude a user from the way the rankings are done though doable.

Personally I have no issue with it anyway I don't do non BOINC projects anymore.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    I don't display all OGR teams/users though (impossible) so that doesn't mean it's not there. As you say the stats are down at DNET so I can't look

DPAD is interesting. Is that a recent decision to mark the user as non-ranked ? The boinc wrapper is certainly #1 in my stats as I just parse the csv files and generate my own rankings based on the values. It would be 'clumsy' to exclude a user from the way the rankings are done though doable.

Personally I have no issue with it anyway I don't do non BOINC projects anymore.

Bok
    Isn't this a flip-flop from your old stance on this ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Isn't this a flip-flop from your old stance on this ?
    Wouldn't call it a flip-flop, just a much better understanding of the big picture. And a lack of interest in team/user races.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
    in which stats?
    I do not see a yoyo in the ogr27 top10 (dnet stats are down, so i linked free-dc stats).

In muon stats boinc is listed without a place number.

Yoyo
    OGR 25 ? DPAD ? and don't distract from the issue by claiming it's called "boinc wrapper" now instead of "yoyo@home". It's still the same problem.

If (for some unknown reason) I decided to run Muon inside your wrapper, my stats results would be included in the "bionic (bionic wrapper)" account, not in my existing Angus[Free-DC.org] account, and they also would not be included in the Free-DC team stats. Correct?

How is that anything but totally WRONG? Why would I want to run anything that way? Give my stats results to someone else? NOT!
    Last edited by Angus; 01-13-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    OGR 25 ? DPAD ? and don't distract from the issue by claiming it's called "boinc wrapper" now instead of "yoyo@home". It's still the same problem.

If (for some unknown reason) I decided to run Muon inside your wrapper, my stats results would be included in the "bionic (bionic wrapper)" account, not in my existing Angus[Free-DC.org] account, and they also would not be included in the Free-DC team stats. Correct?

How is that anything but totally WRONG? Why would I want to run anything that way? Give my stats results to someone else? NOT!
    Angus,

why the animosity? This is just your opinion. Others have different opinions. So you don't like it, don't run it.

Let's take DPAD for example.

BOINC makes it easier to run the projects, making DPAD much more accessible to the mainstream users who do not know how or don't want to run commandline programs.

I'm sure Stephen Brooks is VERY happy getting all the extra results that having a wrapper from yoyo brings. Isn't thatwhat it's about ? If you absolutely insist on pursuing it, lobby him to create his own BOINC project where the users would then be unique. Just because it's extremely difficult to do this externally within the boinc wrapper does not mean that DPAD should not still benefit from the extra resources available.

Why would you think that Yoyo is doing this to try and portray himself as a POWER-user in any shape or form, he's just bringing more users to projects. All I can see is that he's made every effort within reason to show that this is not the case.

Bok

p.s. your stats results still belong to you, and you alone, within the Yoyo@Home project.