Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
OGR 25 ? DPAD ? and don't distract from the issue by claiming it's called "boinc wrapper" now instead of "yoyo@home". It's still the same problem.

If (for some unknown reason) I decided to run Muon inside your wrapper, my stats results would be included in the "bionic (bionic wrapper)" account, not in my existing Angus[Free-DC.org] account, and they also would not be included in the Free-DC team stats. Correct?

How is that anything but totally WRONG? Why would I want to run anything that way? Give my stats results to someone else? NOT!
Angus,

why the animosity? This is just your opinion. Others have different opinions. So you don't like it, don't run it.

Let's take DPAD for example.

BOINC makes it easier to run the projects, making DPAD much more accessible to the mainstream users who do not know how or don't want to run commandline programs.

I'm sure Stephen Brooks is VERY happy getting all the extra results that having a wrapper from yoyo brings. Isn't thatwhat it's about ? If you absolutely insist on pursuing it, lobby him to create his own BOINC project where the users would then be unique. Just because it's extremely difficult to do this externally within the boinc wrapper does not mean that DPAD should not still benefit from the extra resources available.

Why would you think that Yoyo is doing this to try and portray himself as a POWER-user in any shape or form, he's just bringing more users to projects. All I can see is that he's made every effort within reason to show that this is not the case.

Bok

p.s. your stats results still belong to you, and you alone, within the Yoyo@Home project.