Thread: RNA World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guys, just in short today (I am actually on a conference since yesterday where I advertise a bit for RNA World - there is HUGE interest): New work is on the sever. Indeed it starts processing new WUs only when a certain lower threshold of ready-made WUs available for send-out has been reached.
    On the weekend, I will release our full set of CMCALIBRATE work - but this time only for Linux boxes running on a 64 bit basis. Reason: The huge computational demands in RAM and run time. In parallel, I will release more CMSEARCH stuff for those that do not have these monster machines.
    But keep in mind: we are still in testing and that is why we sometimes experience WU shortage.

Michael.
    http://www.rechenkraft.net - Germany's largest distributed computing community

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael H.W. Weber View Post
    On the weekend, I will release our full set of CMCALIBRATE work - but this time only for Linux boxes running on a 64 bit basis. Reason: The huge computational demands in RAM and run time. In parallel, I will release more CMSEARCH stuff for those that do not have these monster machines.
    But keep in mind: we are still in testing and that is why we sometimes experience WU shortage.

Michael.
    Why don't you create a GPU application to make very short work of these Monsters. It could be either for Nvidia or ATI cards. If you do this and need testing, let me know. I have both types.

Now let me see if I can get my boxes full before Laurenu2 drains them all.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Why don't you create a GPU application to make very short work of these Monsters. It could be either for Nvidia or ATI cards. If you do this and need testing, let me know. I have both types.
    It has already been done. Disappointingly, GPU processing is not applicable to our computational problem (as stated in our FAQ).

Michael.

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael H.W. Weber View Post
    On the weekend, I will release our full set of CMCALIBRATE work - but this time only for Linux boxes running on a 64 bit basis. Reason: The huge computational demands in RAM and run time.
    Wouldn't 64bit Windows systems also be able to handle the but RAM and computational demands? My Win7 64bit system has no problem processing 6GB matrix multiplication running for weeks.

Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Parasite View Post
    Wouldn't 64bit Windows systems also be able to handle the but RAM and computational demands?
    Yes, of course they would. But for other reasons, this time we need to specifically limit the run to Linux OS. I am thinking of sending in another series specifically for the 64 bit Windows machines later. We have to do some comparative analyses, that's why.
    It is actually quite impressive what throughput we achieve at present with having opened registration only a few days ago.

Michael.

- - - - - - - - - -

Blog Entries
    Well Michael your server did OK It took My beating and kept on ticking
    And Michael Please keep to the Right or I will you on/about tomorrow

I Have only ported 90% of my power to your project Due to Nodes feeding on other projects
    But that may change if you can provide Food for my Little hoard of Nodes :Cage:

Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    And Michael Please keep to the Right or I will you on/about tomorrow
    Well, I hope you do not mind that I chose to keep to the left instead - just to avoid this one: .

Michael.

- - - - - - - - - -

Isn't the rule of the Autobahn to "Drive Right"?

Quote Originally Posted by ARS-outlnder View Post
    Isn't the rule of the Autobahn to "Drive Right"?
    Indeed. That's why I chose left.

Michael.

- - - - - - - - - -