Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
I've had to slam the breaks on my Quad,aborted all projects, since the Primary Sata HDD is throwing bad sectors and needs replacing - I'm sick of BSOD STOP messages followed by system32\config\.... can't read this file errors and I need to sort the case cooling out big time.
I need ideas people
From CPU-Z /GPU-Z

Motherboard : Asus M4A785TD-V EVO 785GX/SB750/IT8712
Processor : AMD Athlon II X4 620 (Propus)
Speed: 2.6 Ghz (200 x 13)
HS/Fan : Stock

Memory : 4 x 1Gb Geil DDR3 (9-9-9-24) with Heat spreaders
Fan : None
FSBRAM 3:10

Graphics : Radeon HD 4650 (RV730)
Ram: 1Gb DDR2
Bus: PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x8 (hmm not running full speed)
HS/Fan : Passive Cooled
Additional Fan fitted below

HDD:
P-IDE Master: DVD-writer
Sata 1: 500Gb WD
Sata 2: 320Gb Hatachi
Sata 3: 360Gb Seagate
I have new drive I want to put in but it either wants to boot from it or it hangs on BOOT with it plugged in..
Fan: Front of case to cool the drives.
Fan: Rear of case to try and cool it but side is off trying to keep it cool

From Asus PC Probe II
CPU: 43C
System: 32C
CPU Fan: 2777
Power (Front): 1991
Chassis (Rear): 792
From Speedfan 4.4
T1: 43C
T2: 32C
HD0: 35C
HD1: 34C
HD2: 34C
Core: 38C

Onload
CPU:50C ~

Case: 4 x 5 1/2 and 7 (2 external / 5 internal) 3.5 bay with
front / rear 80 mm fan points 7 slot points and no side fan.

PSU: 520W thinking I need more
12V @ 25A, 5V @ 26A 3.3V @ 27A has 20/24 pin connector - 1 sata + standard connectors.
I'm going to assume this is your personal do it all computer. About 6 years ago I got tired of my system sounding like a jet warming up from all the fans to try and keep it cool. I went with liquid cooling and now there is only a single 10cm fan in the case and the power supply fan. It is so quiet that the loudest thing is when the dvd spins up. The CPU temperature never exceeds 36c even with Boinc running. It also warms up the room nicely in the winter. I'll never go back to air cooling for my personal rig and I'm still using the kit I bought way back when. To give you an idea about what you would need look (sorry but it is in German) here. I would recommend mounting the radiator outside the case for maximum cooling. Mine mounts right on the 10cm case fan at the back of the case. I've seen kits that have a pump, tank, fan and radiator all in one box that fits in a double 5 1/4 drive bay. I would stay from this system as it releases the heat inside the case.

The other thing I would suggest is to replace your graphics card with one of the newer ones that blow the heat out the back of the case. If you decide on the liquid cooling you can add the GPU into the system too. I would also up the power supply to at least 600w.