Thread: Primegrid Challenge Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    same here... 5 more before the deadline. Have 4615 credits in pending for when the validator gets all caught up. I've finished all those that will finish. When do I switch back (change prefs) and continue previous work?
    I use Boincstats BAM, so I just changed my Primegrid prefs to CW Sieve in preparation for the next challenge. When my clients refresh, they'll continue with any TRP LLR WUs that they have, but starting picking up new CW Sieve WUs going forward.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Mattozan, In case you missed it I moved your last post to the Lounge

Geez, I should pay more attention - I didn't even know we were participating in the Challenge series this year...

I've been directing all my recent efforts towards the Dual Sierpinski double-check in the Project Staging Area. Now that the challenge is over, if anyone wants to join me and earn some PSA credit I wouldn't mind the company (Team name is "FreeDC" because I forgot the dash)

Blog Entries
    Enderak,

Regarding the name, can't you turn that over to Bok and let Bok change/correct it as should be ?

Bok: Your call on this one as you are our leader

C.

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Nah, I'm fine with what Enderak has done. This is 'Free'-DC remember, it's everyone's team

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Nah, I'm fine with what Enderak has done. This is 'Free'-DC remember, it's everyone's team
    MMM How does that work ? Like Timeshares in a condo

It's not for a competition or anything, and the credit shows up fine in my stats. The only issue would be if someone else started crunching it and put "Free-DC" as the team name, the credit would be divided in the stats shown at http://pgllr.mine.nu:13000/all.html Since the PSA credit is applied manually by Primegrid username, it translates just fine to the Free-DC stats.

Blog Entries
    I believe the 'Dogs' have gotten to the PG server which sits idle with no more 'resend WU' allowed (based on its config) as the '_0' was also recrunched as a '_1' which stops it from going any further. So the 'Dog Days of Summer' have gone to the 'dogs' ? The transitioner, validator, and a whole bunch of other BOINC internal services are turned off due to earlier load. Is this not a repeat of one a few years ago? Perhaps a reschedule is due? Anyone's thoughts?

Update: PG claims to be back on with fresh WUs, but I still get _1 WUs sent to me. Is a 'reschedule' due in light of the huge problems which occurred and was out of their control in any way?
    Last edited by Chuck; 08-27-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: update:

A FDC in training, fellow supporter of Firefox.

Proudly crunching with AMD & ATI power.
    If you want The Best you must forget the Rest
    >>>>>>>>>and join Free-DC<<<<<<<<<<<

So we ended up 15th out of 208 teams.
    I think this was a very good result considering how few of us there were.
    Our success we owe in a large part to the monster collection of Laurenu2 who wound up in 21st place overall.

Quote Originally Posted by mattozan View Post
    I use Boincstats BAM, so I just changed my Primegrid prefs to CW Sieve in preparation for the next challenge. When my clients refresh, they'll continue with any TRP LLR WUs that they have, but starting picking up new CW Sieve WUs going forward.
    The next challenge starts 21 June. Just for the record it is best crunched with an Nvidia GPU. Sorry Lauren, no ATI applications for this one. CPUs will work though.

In the mean time, if you are looking for the best credit:
    Nvidia GPU - Primegrid
    ATI GPU - Moo Wrapper (just changed to static credit so this may change)
    CPU - DNA@Home (when you can get work)
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    So we ended up 15th out of 208 teams.

The next challenge starts 21 June. Just for the record it is best crunched with an Nvidia GPU. Sorry Lauren, no ATI applications for this one. CPUs will work though.
    Thats OK it will be to hot around here about then anyway