Thread: Paid project? Sort of...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh Cool it sounds like a DC Tron game
    What does Bok think of this

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'm not really too keen on it. I've heard from a few other people who have looked into it and it doesn't really seem worth it..

Oh and the stats aren't interesting......!

I spent a good part of today researching this. It seems that the Feds are unhappy that they can't easily trace the transactions but then again it is hard to trace cash transactions. The last time I checked it was still legal to use cash. The Feds are going after people that make illegal transactions and I agree with this. It does not concern Bitcoins though. You can make an illegal transaction in whatever currency you choose.

I've decided that tomorrow I'll fire up one of my ATI cards and see what happens. If I don't make a lot that is OK. Right now I have over 700,000,000 Boinc credits and can't do anything with them. It just isn't as exciting to make another hundred million anymore when at full power I'm making over 2 million a day.

I'll report back about what kind of profit I make so everyone can make thier own decision. My profit margin will be greater than most since I don't have to pay for the electricity though.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

@Chertsey:

This is why I came to community about it. I literally have been back less than a week and just setup a client myself last night to see if it would work. But I did want to start a discussion about it. I just thought the concept was interesting and wanted to see what others thought. Hopefully Bigred will have something to report back in a few days time also and then we'll see what's up. If there's no interest then it's fine, but maybe there are a few people who wouldn't mind moving some power over to a pool of their choice and seeing if it's worth it or not.

As for
    There's nothing better than a personal recommendation in ways to make $0.00.
    ...what's the difference between recommending this and recommending some science project that's supposed to develop treatments for (insert disease) and has been crunching for years with little to no results? Or a prime number project whose last found prime is only a few months away from being 4 years ago? It's fine if you don't like the project, but don't attack me for it.

Glad for the excitement laurenu2. Let's see what Bigred has to say in a few days.

-Moose
    Distributed Hold'em

Good for you!

I always like an entrepreneur that's made ABSOLUTLY ****ING NOTHING and then selling his/her brilliant business plan to any forum that he can post to.

I wish I could have a 10% share of all of the riches that you've amassed ... Oh, no, wait...

Moderator! FFS this spam is worse than Herbalife!

Al.

Chertsey,

Alright buddy, just because you have maybe be active more recently than me doesn't mean I'm spam. Spam would post once and never come back. Aren't you familiar with forum bots AT ALL?! This -IS- a distributed computing project, and have you noticed that I've posted almost 1400 posts since 2003 whilst you've had 64 since 2008??? Not to mention my stat signature which clearly shows I've participated in projects you've probably never even HEARD OF!

You don't like the concept, fine. Others might. This was posted as a discussion to my OLD FRIENDS at the forum who may find this interesting/intriguing. So stop being a little BEEP You've voiced your opinion. Now shut up and just ignore the thread. It has no meaning to you, so stop reading it.
    Last edited by LAURENU2; 06-16-2011 at 01:56 AM.
    Distributed Hold'em

OK here is the deal. In the last hour I've put two GPUs on this and I've started to make some money. Not a lot yet just about $0.40 but that is more than I've made on any other project. If it continues like this with no problems, I'll add more power to it.

Last edited by Bigred; 06-16-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)