Thread: Stats Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi BOK. I know that this has been brought up from time to time and I am wondering what is your current policy regarding ACTIVE vs RETIRED projects. It is getting harder and harder to plan what to crunch or research when non active projects are mixed in with active projects. For example: BigData@Home is listed in the Active projects, yet it has not been active for over three years, it does not export stats and its website is inaccessible. Since there are numerous projects like that, it takes us a lot of time to research. Why can't it be moved together with all the others to the Retired Projects. I admit that I know nothing about programming but it seems to me that it can be done as we do have listed Retired Projects. So when will they likely to be classified Retired?

Personally, I do not support projects whose Admins do not advise volunteers what is going on, threaten to close the project unless we donate to keep it going, etc. Electricity costs are going up and up and I am getting to be choosy as to whom I support. Therefore, if they just disappear, stop issuing WU's for over a month, I consider that they are no longer interested in volunteer help and should be Retired accordingly. Surely, a month should be enough to fix any Technical problems and advise the users accordingly.
    Keep on Crunching and have a nice day...

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    Hi BOK. I know that this has been brought up from time to time and I am wondering what is your current policy regarding ACTIVE vs RETIRED projects. It is getting harder and harder to plan what to crunch or research when non active projects are mixed in with active projects. For example: BigData@Home is listed in the Active projects, yet it has not been active for over three years, it does not export stats and its website is inaccessible. Since there are numerous projects like that, it takes us a lot of time to research. Why can't it be moved together with all the others to the Retired Projects. I admit that I know nothing about programming but it seems to me that it can be done as we do have listed Retired Projects. So when will they likely to be classified Retired?

Personally, I do not support projects whose Admins do not advise volunteers what is going on, threaten to close the project unless we donate to keep it going, etc. Electricity costs are going up and up and I am getting to be choosy as to whom I support. Therefore, if they just disappear, stop issuing WU's for over a month, I consider that they are no longer interested in volunteer help and should be Retired accordingly. Surely, a month should be enough to fix any Technical problems and advise the users accordingly.
    I'm not a huge proponent of separating them out at all to be honest, though not against 'marking' them as inactive in some other way.

Perhaps this will help you though. If you go to my rewrite version of the stats (in progress) to the main page - http://stats6.free-dc.org/projmain/ and just click the heading for last 28 days to sort it descending it will show all active projects in the last 28 days which gives a pretty good indication??

btw, I've crunched BigData wu's within the past year, but it does seem to be gone at the moment.

Thanks BOK that does help....Now if only I could hide or delete unwanted Retired projects from my Stats config.
    Keep on Crunching and have a nice day...

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    Thanks BOK that does help....Now if only I could hide or delete unwanted Retired projects from my Stats config.
    Easy - if you want rid of them - remove them from the statstool page and they'll be gone!
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

seti@home Beta isn't updating in stats. Thanks again for this site!

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    They haven't exported stats in a while..

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/beta/stats/
    Last edited by Bok; 01-09-2015 at 08:27 AM.

On this page: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...oj=mil&team=77
    at certain times of day in the team data line it will show, I think, accurate total points, but in the individuals section it will only show a small fraction of the total. When it does this, only Northern European members are listed (two of them - petrusbroder and mk).
    Also when it does this it shows Tony T. as only having 70,250,783 total points and he actually has over 80,000,000. (Tony T. recently changed his name to 10esseeTony, could that have caused problems?)

Later in the day the data seems correct.

Maybe you can get more useful information here: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2421088