Thread: Pentathlon 2015

Pentathlon 2015

Once again, SETI.Germany invites all BOINC teams to the BOINC Pentathlon. For the sixth time, the winner is battled out in five disciplines at five projects between May 5 and May 19.

After the introduction of Marathon and Sprint in the last couple of years, there will be a new discipline in this year, again. Details will be announced prior to the beginning of the Pentathlon, for now I can reveal that it will run for at least five days at a CPU project.

Each team that wants to participate has to sign up using the registration form at http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pen.../anmeldung.php until April 27. The teams may suggest one GPU project and three CPU projects, please see this page for details.

All information is available on the Pentathlon page at http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pen...n_Welcome.html, while you can find the answers to many questions in our FAQ.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Pentathlon!

How come Free-DC didn't participate in this??

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    I participated but I helped out my friends over at setiusa... Most of FreeDC's members are set and forget

Incidentally, where that top team come from?? Pretty amazing performance for a team that doesn't even have a working forum (that I could see from their home page).

Blog Entries
    Setiusa? I host their forum here on the same server as Free-DC..

Or do you mean Planet 3DNow - a German team. Forum worked fine for me last time I looked..

Blog Entries

Or do you mean Planet 3DNow - a German team. Forum worked fine for me last time I looked..

I've been busy focusing on our DC-Vault standing. We are within 400 points of 7th place. It's also a big reason why my sig now has a lot of 1's.
    I'm having fun!!! I'm just not sure if it's net fun or gross fun.

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    I've been busy focusing on our DC-Vault standing. We are within 400 points of 7th place. It's also a big reason why my sig now has a lot of 1's.
    How long does it run?

The only active one I have is POGS and Engima. I stopped Asteroids because my tablets were running 50+ hours on it lately. I can't run POGS on 3 of my droids because the client is 900+mb and won't fit in the main storage space. I have WCG as a backup. I got Engima running on those as my primary on those currently. Einstein and Rosetta I stopped because I realized I have older accounts higher than what I've cooked so far. I have not had a chance to search for my old keys...

(Peers) Sig?? Where?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post

Sicituradastra. Looks like a techno-music group. I don't recall ever see them before. They were #1 a few days ago (might still be on the non-ASIC) according to BS. (I'm still getting confuzzled switching back and forth between BS and FDC stat systems O.o) And the Black Ops team has appeared from somewhere...

Guru, We are slipping...

(Kung-Fu Master Voice Badly Dubbed) You lack focus! You will only bring shame to our dojo.

Actually there was an issue with the stats that put us at #7 when we should have been #8. Either way we are chasing "AMD users" We have closed the gap to 123 points. I am temporarily down two systems but I brought a new monster system online for OGR28. I have another 5 monster systems to build.

Have you joined the team yet? What is your user name and projects you are pursuing?

Have you joined the team yet? What is your user name and projects you are pursuing?
    Yavanius. :P

Half your team could leave and you wouldn't notice except for the stats if you're asking me instead of looking at the roster. Actually, if that half were the inactive you wouldn't notice at all, heh.

I'll break into the Top 100 in about a week according to BS.

We are now officially in 7th place. We moved up one more position passing Ukraine.

Can we get the DC-Vault stuff moved to a separate thread instead of it being buried under here?