Thread: Database problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    All switched on again. There may still be some lingering issues.

Already had one issue, where it was updating one database, but the webside was still pointing to same database leading to some contention. That is fixed now.

I wasn't backing up some files like

1) the custom db_dump.xml files I use for projects that have subproject data - fixed I think.
    2) my globalconfigs file!! aarghh, not much in it though so no harm
    4) my cron entries - there may be some scripts not running due to this, hopefully I got them all (wcg badges and subproject data, wuprop hours data, generic badge updates)
    5) mariadb conf file. I think this is recreated now, 2Gb tmpfs, plus all the sort and index settings I use. db is using 26Gb of Ram of the 32Gb on the server (it's max)

Are the stats currently "frozen" on the time it went down and will update as they normally would now? I am showing 0 for stats today when most projects would have already updated by now. I'm guessing when those scripts run at that time they'll update the information at that time.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by [H]Skillz View Post
    Are the stats currently "frozen" on the time it went down and will update as they normally would now? I am showing 0 for stats today when most projects would have already updated by now. I'm guessing when those scripts run at that time they'll update the information at that time.
    they'll work themselves out.

The way it works is I updated one database, while the website points to the other, then flip it. But because of one of the bugs above it was only ever updating one of the databases and never flipping. I didn't notice till I switched on the site and got all the contention problems.

You should start seeing some numbers soon.

You rock man. Thanks for all your hardwork.