Thread: There is no reward for doing well in SubProjects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    But why would you want those numbers, I guess that's what I'm struggling to understand as they aren't used in any of my calculations??

So from This page you'd want the number 43 ? Which is how many the user at Rank 100 has ?

Sorry, I am clearly failing to be clear here. Maybe this will help. What I am after is the last two columns shown in the picture I have attached, obviously no colours are required.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example for Bok.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	1394

Funnily enough the example that you gave is actually only one of two that isn't worth giving as it would represent the number of MiRB's you would need to get a MiRB for MiRBs which you can't get, nor can you get a TeraMiRB for TeraMiRBs in the same way you can't get a Maxwell for Maxwells.

Hopefully what I said now makes sense.
    Cheers
    Mark

Sorry, you asked for the reason why.

I am ranked at around 2000th for stones earned, but I get a kick out of doing much better with the MMs, so I am ranked 38th for Maxwells, 48th for TeraMiRB's and a massive 16th for MiRBs. It's just one of these things that help me keep plugging away at BOINC and getting a little bit more fun out of it as well as hopefully doing some good. So if I can easily see that, for example I have 24 Sub750ks and I would get another TeraMiRB if I could get another 2, then that is what I will probably do the next time I find myself mulling over what to do. Then I might say Oooh! If I can take 7 of those 750's up to Sub1M's then I would get another TeraMiRB, not to mention the corresponding Squarepants, Badges and possible Teraboks for some of them.

Like I have said before, whatever reason people have for doing this is OK, as long as they do it, and any way to make it more interesting and fun is cool with me. I recently got a buzz out of bringing all of my MM Ranks down to below 500 - though I now need another Sub10M to get that back at the moment - and then another 100M to keep it a while longer.

Whatever floats your boat! Free-DC makes it much more fun than just collecting Cobblestones and badges, though there is nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by MarkRBright; 02-15-2020 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Clarity

Blog Entries
    Ok, I get it now. I'll have to create a new table to put this data into in order to join to it.

Something like this? Please check the numbers as I'm just doing an insert ignore using projrank < 101 to get the first available score for a rank < 101. Sometimes there is no exact 100 if multiple scores are the same as I group them together

Blog Entries
    Ok, I get it now. I'll have to create a new table to put this data into in order to join to it.

Something like this? Please check the numbers as I'm just doing an insert ignore using projrank < 101 to get the first available score for a rank < 101. Sometimes there is no exact 100 if multiple scores are the same as I group them together

You are a fonking genius! That is just brilliant.
    It probably wants a # in the column header for consistency so others might not get confused, but that is brilliant.
    I'm going to back off now from my other suggestions to give you a well earned rest.
    Well other than suggesting you put that whole section into the Userbycpidmilestones screen replacing what's there as it only adds to the stats, so why not?
    Thanks. That is brilliant you are a star!

Not quite sure what happened to it this morning, but there are only about half of the numbers showing today in the two new columns.
    And I just noticed that they appear to be wrong, mostly getting bigger as you go down the list.
    Last edited by MarkRBright; 02-16-2020 at 09:15 AM. Reason: additional info

Blog Entries
    The bigger question is how did it actually work yesterday!! And i'm not sure why as I had a glaring problem in one of my sql statements that populates the data. Think it must have worked by accident the first time.

Anyway, all fixed.