Thread: Maxwell count is wrong on MMs page - could be an issue with > versus >=

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    You told me last year...

My current algorithm is that you get it when score is >= floor(max/2).

so if you have 5 and the max is 11. Is 5 >= 11/2 === is 5 >=5
    Having read more, I replied to your email to say...

Okay, but I've only ever seen it described on various forums along these lines "remember you need to have at least half of the max to get the maxwell".

That is from your forum by you.

You didn't reply after to say you had changed it but it looks like you must be doing it one way to give the ticks and another way to get the Total value.
    I'd like it to be consistent so ticks = total please.
    Whether it is up or down is swings and roundabouts
    I have a few swings but still lots of roundabouts

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    ... it looks like you must be doing it one way to give the ticks and another way to get the Total value.
    I'd like it to be consistent so ticks = total please.
    Whether it is up or down is swings and roundabouts
    Seconded

I see what you did there Bok and it looks right to me. It's always better to avoid taking things away.

Davis, California // Beni Mekkoud, Morocco
    It is probably too late for me to comment on this but I prefer "ceiling" rather than "floor." I liked the idea of 1/2, but in my way of thinking 5 is not good enough for 5.5 and thus 6 would be needed to achieve at least 1/2 of 11.

Hey Bok,
    This thread may not be dead yet.
    I just noticed that I get an additional Maxwell on stats6 compared to stats, and the only thing that can account for it in my numbers is the Subtriggls. In both cases it says I need five for a Maxwell, and in stats 6 I get it and stats I don't.
    Basically as it stands stats6 rounds the number you need down (i.e. 5.5 -> 5) before comparison and stats rounds up (i.e. 5.5 ->6)
    I am not complaining either way as before, but I thought you should know they were behaving differently. Stats is currently 'wrong' in the sense it says one thing but does another.
    Just thought you should know.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    fixed, it should correct overnight

Excellent.
    I don't know if this is worth knowing but I have found another slightly harder to explain discrepancy between stats and stats6 on the userbycpid page.
    It may be nothing, but it may indicate something you might want to look at.
    On stats, my line 98 shows NanoHub@home which shows the last 4 numbers on the row (Team Rank, Project Rank, Country Rank and Join Date Ranke) as
    3 180 6 3
    Yet on stats 6 the same line shows
    3 133 5 1

I haven't done anything with NanoHub@Home for some time - as shown by the RAC and FDC-RAC both being zero.
    I confess that I really don't care about this but I thought you might be interested to see why the numbers were different when all the others appear to be the same, in case it holds some deep, dark and extremely sinister weird secret thingy. ;-)

The two references, in case it saves you a millisecond, are as follows
    https://stats.free-dc.org/userbycpid...617eb6b8903f8c
    https://stats6.free-dc.org/userbycpi...617eb6b8903f8c

In the meantime I have this afternoon just collected (OK I'll need to wait for iThena to release the numbers) my final SubTrigggl and it's corresponding Maxwell, 10K, Nebber (in due course ;-)) and SquarePants and barring a few bits of tidying up I am mostly going to be out of here and out of your hair, so let me take a moment to just say thank you very much again Bok for making it much more fun than just merely crunching stuff for science. This site is quite simply excellent, and your efforts have been hugely appreciated. Thank you.