Thread: Project Comlpetion

Question Project Completion

Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to when the entire project is estimated to be completed?

I have a recolection of someone mentioning June 2003, is this about right?

Also in i'm guessing we are currently working on the 10,000,000,000 with 10 large proteins at the moment (described in the about section of distributedfolding.org), but which of the 10 large proteins are we working on (e.g, the first, second, last)???

Sorry if this has been documented elsewhere but i have searched the main site

the info/content on the main site is stale

the project is ongoing indefinetly at this point, AFAIK
    Use the right tool for the right job!

woops, spelling was bit off in the subject.

any idea which of the 10 large proteins we are on at the mo?

I think the game plan is to try and do better in CASP6. If we rank better, obviously, the project will continue. If we rank the same or worse, I'm not sure if the project will continue. Howard, care to comment?

The web site will be updated with our 'goals' as time permits. Consider that info 'outdated' for now. Right now we are in the midst of beta testing a new algorithm we hope will work much better than the previous one and we intend to continue honing our approach, testing on known proteins and seeing if we improve. CASP6 still a long ways away (2 years).
    Howard Feldman

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    The web site will be updated with our 'goals' as time permits. Consider that info 'outdated' for now. Right now we are in the midst of beta testing a new algorithm we hope will work much better than the previous one and we intend to continue honing our approach, testing on known proteins and seeing if we improve. CASP6 still a long ways away (2 years).
    Do you have any idea of this curent protein is the last one before we all swich over to DF2 (you know the current beta clients witch are been tested ). I guess this means that there's about 3 a 4 weeks before the switchover. Or are we gonna fold another protein after this one wich the 'current client'?
    Member of the Los Alcoholicos

We will announce when the current phase is coming to a close, we have no estimate for the time being.
    Howard Feldman