No, this wasn't spurred by the lock of Larry's thread. I've merely tried to use that instance as an example. In fact, I've come to feel like that wasn't even 'over-zealous'.

Zoso was doing *exactly* what he was supposed to do: ensure that posts go in the forum they belong in.

The problem, as I said above, wasn't the moderation, but rather the structure and incredible diversity of the Ars Forums as a whole.

As for discussing it in the Ars Forum, we're a little leery of that, quite frankly. We are now officially a new team. There are some very fine lines for us to walk. Would it be acceptable for members of [H]ardOCP's forum to come over to Ars and provide a disertation on why the Ars forum wouldn't work for them and why their forum is a better place for DC'ers? Do we have that right just because we originated there? Wouldn't that seem like recruitment?

We all said when we decided to do this that we wouldn't recruit from any Ars team. Even if that's not our intent, we don't want to do anything that might even give that appearance. It just wouldn't be right.

While some from the various Ars teams might decide that they feel the same way we do and join us, that's still a personal decision on their part and we think that's OK. We just want to make sure we don't cross the line by doing anything that looks even remotely like active recruitment on the Ars forum.