Thread: dfGUI v2.2beta3 available (for beta DF client)

Exclamation dfGUI v2.2beta3 available (for beta DF client)

Hey everyone, I had just a little bit of time to work on dfGUI so I added a couple of features.

You can get the latest beta here:
    http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/dfGUI/dfGUIv22beta.zip

v2.2beta3 (Apr. 15, 2003)

- Benchmark output to file info now shows current generation

- Best energy so far now shows which generation # it was found in.

Enjoy,
    Jeff.

Screenshot:

And beta 3 for the Linux port is ... well, coming. Sometime.

I'm hacking the network-transparent code into it slowly, as I get time, so once I get that done I'll add the generation the minimum was found on, and release it as beta3. I don't know if it'll be able to inherently handle multiple clients at that point, or not. The network transparence does come at a very minor disadvantage -- sending sizeof(dfclientconfig) across the network when you make a change to the configuration, and sending the bench data across the network at the refresh interval.

Jeff -- does the best energy reset now when a new 250-gen sequence is started?

Originally posted by bwkaz
    Jeff -- does the best energy reset now when a new 250-gen sequence is started?
    Not right now.

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff!!!

How about tracking how many proteins that have been completed? Once it finishes a protein and resets everything, I don't know how many it has done (1 every 6+ days)

I agree w/Target-Butt. That would be good to have.

Also, if you're looking for room on the display, it seems to me that the "Structures per hour/day/etc." can pretty well go away. I just don't think they have much meaning with the way the beta runs.

Otoh, we need some way to measure speed as well as progress. Dunno, dunno.
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Question

PLS tell me where can I find what do these new "structure, laxness and levels" columns mean..
    I never used to be able to finish anything, but now I

Those are three different structure laxness levels, not one for "structure", one for "laxness", and one for "levels".

It does look a little confusing, though. That's unfortunate.

I don't know exactly what each laxness value really means, but the higher they are, the "sloppier" the structures that get generated are going to be. When the client runs into a dead-end, it backs up and raises one or more of those values a bit, so as to be able to get to the end of the protein (all 96 residues).

Now sloppy doesn't necessarily mean bad, it just means that the thing it's looking at is farther away from the best structure that it found in generation 0. It could very well be closer to the real structure.

Nice job on the beta client. Can't wait to get home and fire it up on the 3 comps there. Particularly like having the lowest RMSD and generation it was produced in shown.....

===Bob Briggs
    FreeDC Mercenary

Originally posted by bwkaz

Those are three different structure laxness levels, not one for "structure", one for "laxness", and one for "levels".

It does look a little confusing, though. That's unfortunate.

I don't know exactly what each laxness value really means, but the higher they are, the "sloppier" the structures that get generated are going to be. When the client runs into a dead-end, it backs up and raises one or more of those values a bit, so as to be able to get to the end of the protein (all 96 residues).

Now sloppy doesn't necessarily mean bad, it just means that the thing it's looking at is farther away from the best structure that it found in generation 0. It could very well be closer to the real structure.
    Already I am not confused too much, little bit cleaner, but not 100% thx
    I never used to be able to finish anything, but now I

Hope you don't mind me posting this on OCAU Digi .. if you do let me know

Thx mate

Edit / I keep getting an error box " is not a valid integer value. ?? any ideas
    Last edited by hallmar; 05-02-2003 at 12:13 AM.
    OCAU Distributed Folding Team Member
    11.5gig DF'ing 24/7
    Idle temp ?? What idle temp ??

sorry guys,
    just a small question, and seems too small to start a new thread, thus riding on this one.

was trying to get the Linux version of the dfGUI. but the link seems to be dead?

anyway I can get one?

Try http://kadzban.is-a-geek.net/dfGUI-linux I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and bwkaz gave me that url.

Good Luck.

Simon.

Originally posted by Ponky
    Try http://kadzban.is-a-geek.net/dfGUI-linux I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and bwkaz gave me that url.

Good Luck.

Simon.

Thanks for the link Ponky! Great help. Now I'll just need to figure out how to install it..

Yeah, sorry about that, the link that Jeff has was to my old DNS name (from school).

The new link should be around for as long as this is available (which should be quite some time).

Jeff, seeing as I never got around to emailing you on this, can you change the link on your page to be the one above? Thanks.