Thread: New client stopping unexplainably in service mode?

Question New client stopping unexplainably in service mode?

Brian, thanks for getting the new client out.

I'm having a problem with it though. About every 15-20 minutes it stops for no apparent reason.

I'm running two instances on a dual cpu system.

Installed as a service per the instructions and it runs for 15-20 minutes, then the service stops.

I have it set to restart on failure but that's obviously not the ideal solution.

TeAm Anandtech Distributed Computing

I would try running it in dos window and see what it does. You should at least get some kind of error message. Make sure that your foldit.bat has the same switches as your service.cfg file.

I just went in and ran it in a dos window instead of a service. They both said filelist.txt was corrupted.

I deleted that file and restarted them both, not a service, for a bit then stopped and reinstalled as a service.

We'll see how long they hang on this time.

If you get the message/problem again (filelist corrupted) e-mail filelist.txt from the dir to trades@mshri.on.ca and we'll take a look and may be able to tell the root of the problem.
    Thanks.
    Howard Feldman

Also, your two service installations are in different folders, correct?

(Well, hang on, this was a requirement with the old client, and with the betas, so I'm assuming it is still a requirement -- but I don't know for sure. Worth a shot, in any case...)

Yep, they're in two different folders installed w/ install and install2

Everything seems to be ok now.