Thread: No points counted?

No points counted?

I am experiencing following problem:

For over 3 days by now, no points were credited. I was folding all the time, the client is visible and I saw him uploading several times - but for about 3 days - no points were added to my account. The client is definitively the actual one, handle.txt is there.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Any error-messages in the error.log?
    the-mk

I had some
    "ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4616} Warning during upload: STATUS 910 MISSING PREVIOUS OR ILLEGAL GENERATION"

but the client worked on and loaded up correctly.

After downloading the latest client again and replacing the updated client step by step each single file, I recognized no different filesizes, only different timestamps (August - old - October - new).
    And by now I received my first points since 3 days.

Guess you could already solve the problem by re-installing the client but have you checked your handle.txt? Is that YOUR handle?

Blog Entries
    I had the same error some months before. The client continued folding and I received no points therefore... I redownloaded the client, configured it and everything went like before.

I don't know exactly what went wrong.

The handle-trick would have been my next guess
    the-mk

Kill the client. Make sure it's dead.
    Delete yourhandle*.*
    Delete fold*.bz2
    Delete filelist.txt
    Run client.
    Sit back. Enjoy points building up!
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...&threadid=4285

It's a problem we're talking about in the listed thread; and there's hope of a cure with a new client in a few weeks that incorporates a better form of handshaking.

Please add your name, Operating System, isp details, etc to the thread and see if the update solves the problem for each of our different situations.

As for how it happens: at some point during uploading you have a transmission problem and the two sides no longer agree with how much has been uploaded. Your system keeps folding away and uploading with each new gen (if you're folding live). The server keeps telling your system, "hey.. you didn't upload gen (x)" and doesn't give you any credit for any of the unuseable generations from gen(x) and beyond.

(I've been hit with it alot since my ISP has this strange penchant for forcefully kicking computers off the network in an attempt to free up ip#s. While all of my networked machines are behind NAT devices (so they only use 1 ip# on the internet, instead of 1 per every computer - others on the island connect them up through a hub so they're directly connected.)
    www.thegenomecollective.com
    Borging.. it's not just an addiction. It's...

Thanks for your answers.

Yes, thats definitely my handle.txt.

But the last explanaition is imho the right one.

Because I am using a WLAN connection, I have a bad connection sometimes. And then the scenario tpdooley describes could easily emerge.

But why did everything work after reinstalling OVER the actual installation? It worked on on the same gen!