Thread: Howard or Elena

Howard or Elena

It's great to see there's another place that the autoupdate comes from now! The only thing I'd suggest is a quick glance over to make sure it's spelled right! lol

========================[ Oct 29, 2003 12:53 AM ]========================
    ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_socket.c, line 1173} [SOCK::s_Connect] Failed SOCK_gethostbyname(www.teamstirfy.net)

ERROR: [000.000] {ncbi_connutil.c, line 801} [URL_Connect] Socket connect to www.teamstirfy.net:80 failed: Unknown

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    I believe this is Heretic (the guy hosting many of the Ars sites) and he was a mirror for the last update too.
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

Originally posted by pointwood
    I believe this is Heretic (the guy hosting many of the Ars sites) and he was a mirror for the last update too.

I'm not arguing or complaining about that. Take a closer look at the error and you will see that the Mirror site will never be reached by anybody at all

25/25Mbit is nearly enough :p pointwood's Avatar
    I know

I guess I should have made it clear in my previous post that I was aware of the fact that the problem is at the DF HQ
    Pointwood
    Jabber ID: pointwood@jabber.shd.dk
    irc.arstechnica.com, #distributed

Thanks for the heads up, it was fixed early on yesterday.
    Elena Garderman

What are the odds you guys would post (and keep up to date) a list of the mirrors for those of us working from behind firewalls? I have to explicitly allow connections to those systems for my clients to update...
    "So utterly at variance is destiny with all the little plans of men." - H.G. Wells

If that is the case, perhaps you should use the proxy daemon on a single machine with full access to the net to grab the updates, and set the other machines behind the firewall to get it from that server. The mirrors are available online but I'm not sure I want to publish the location here
    Howard Feldman