Thread: Fatal error

Fatal error

Ok, my DF client keeps shutting down and this is the warning I get:

[NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [013.000] Cannot rename filelist.txt.tmp to filelist.txt. Hit enter.

I know this was covered a while back. I cannot find the thread. This machine is an XP 1800+ with XP professional. It has been running fine until 3 days ago when this started happening. I have even removed the client and reinstalled it with a new download. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

X
    Life is tough. But, it's harder when you're stupid.

This sounds like it's associated with whats being mentioned by Howard at the end of this thread Its disapointing that Howard hasn't repleyed here though. I guess thats one more good reason to leave the Racin Boxen on D2ol.

Last edited by cygnussphere; 01-19-2004 at 02:56 PM.

Re: Fatal error

Originally posted by RacerX
    Ok, my DF client keeps shutting down and this is the warning I get:

[NULL_Caption] FATAL ERROR: [013.000] Cannot rename filelist.txt.tmp to filelist.txt. Hit enter.

I know this was covered a while back. I cannot find the thread. This machine is an XP 1800+ with XP professional. It has been running fine until 3 days ago when this started happening. I have even removed the client and reinstalled it with a new download. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

X
    The error code that come up with your particular error means "permission denied" which means you don't have write permission on the files. Perhaps you are running as a different user, or there is some other permission issue.
    As always, you should also make sure there are no other applications trying to simultaneously access that file.
    Elena Garderman

Originally posted by cygnussphere
    Its disapointing that Howard hasn't repleyed here though. I guess thats one more good reason to leave the Racin Boxen on D2ol.

I'm sorry I wasn't up at 4 AM on Sunday morning to reply to this message
    Howard Feldman

Goofing off again?
    HOME: A physical construct for keeping rain off your computers.

Originally posted by Brian the Fist
    I'm sorry I wasn't up at 4 AM on Sunday morning to reply to this message

Sorry My bad I confused this request for help by X with this request for help by X from the 12th which I think asks for help with the same problem.

/scurrys off to corner and hopes his stats don't get reset....

Blog Entries

same error here

Hi!

Some of my machines had the same error RacerX reported at least one time.

The machine on which it occured last time:
    AMD Duron 750, 256 MB RAM, not oc'ed (machine of my sister, logged in as standard-user and most of the time surfing on the net or icq-ing)
    W2k SP4, Client running as a service (service.cfg: service=1, useram=1, progress=5)
    Error-text: "Wed Feb 04 19:05:15 2004 FATAL ERROR: [013.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 1443} Cannot rename .\filelist.txt.tmp to .\filelist.txt - access violation"
    The whole distribfold-folder is shared on the net, but readonly (so I can watch the progress via dfGUI).
    Norton AntiVirus running in background.
    Enough diskspace available.

Another machine:
    AMD XP2500, 512 MB RAM, not oc'ed
    W2k, SP4, Client running as a service (service.cfg: service=1, useram=1, progress=5)
    no user logged on, Norton AntiVirus running in background.
    same error-text as above
    The whole distribfold-folder is shared on the net, but readonly (so I can watch the progress via dfGUI).
    Enough diskspace available.

My machine, on which I usually work:
    AMD XP2600, 512 MB RAM, not oc'ed
    W2k, SP4, Client running via dfGUI (-qt, -rt, -g 5)
    logged in as Administrator, Norton AntiVirus running in background.
    Error-text: "Wed Feb 04 11:37:54 2004 FATAL ERROR: [013.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 1362} Cannot open file filelist.txt.tmp - disk may be out of space"
    Enough diskspace available (damn, it's a 160 GB harddrive and only 30% of the space is in use!).

For other details you could need please ask.
    the-mk

The number you can see in your error - 13 - means access permission was denied to the file. As you may already suspect, this can potentially be caused by the antivirus accessing the file, since it is running in the background. I believe Norton antivirus allows you to exclude certain directories from scanning. Add the folding directory to the exclude list and make sure there are no other applications that may be accessing those files - that should fix things up.
    Elena Garderman