Thread: Upload and stats problem with anteater.

Upload and stats problem with anteater.

I just got two FreeBSD boxen reporting the following error at the same time:

Sun Jul 4 11:52:16 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4790} File ./mvye3q2i_2_mvye3q2i_protein_29_0000093_min.val is corrupt, missing or has been tampered with; cannot continue - replace file and start again, or manually delete filelist.txt
    Sun Jul 4 11:52:16 2004 ERROR: [000.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 5071} Error during upload: Data file checksum failed
    I had to do a ./foldtrajlite -purgeuploadlist 2 to get them to continue.

Also the team stats on anteater have not updated for 10 hours, since as of: Sat Jul 3 12:04:11 2004 EST
    OCAU

Thumbs down

But of course now both the machines logs are full of "Sun Jul 4 13:20:58 2004 ERROR: [035.000] {foldtrajlite2.c, line 4937} Warning during upload: STATUS 910 MISSING PREVIOUS OR ILLEGAL GENERATION"

So I have lost 4,000 gens of work between them.
    OCAU

next time DON'T purge the filelist.

you can simply replace mvye3q2i_2_mvye3q2i_protein_29_0000093_min.val with another *_min.val. Choose a *_min.val that's close the the one that's missing and copy it.
    After that the client should resume as if nothing ever happend.
    Dutch Power Cows, The Stampede that's heading for the top.

Originally posted by Hagar
    next time DON'T purge the filelist.

you can simply replace mvye3q2i_2_mvye3q2i_protein_29_0000093_min.val with another *_min.val. Choose a *_min.val that's close the the one that's missing and copy it.
    After that the client should resume as if nothing ever happend.
    Thanks for the advice, shame they didn't tell me that in the readme file! The purgelist info is still there.

I suspect anteater is overloaded yet again with everybody reverting back to online folding in anticipation of the CASP 6 changeover.

I don't think I will participate, sort of lost interest after loosing 4,000gens.
    OCAU

Sorry to hear about work lost, but we had this error reported for almost a year, and a solution has been posted numerous times. A simple search would have done the job.

OCworkbench Stats Ho
    Cest la vive..sorry for the poor everything to our French Folders

What a way to Welcome Casp 6
    I am not a Stats Ho, it is just more satisfying to see that my numbers are better than yours.

Originally posted by iggy
    Sorry to hear about work lost, but we had this error reported for almost a year, and a solution has been posted numerous times. A simple search would have done the job.
    Pfff, rather stupid reply, people expect the client to be stable, and not to search how to fix things someone else should be doing

Eleminating the filelist.txt from the client would solve a lot of annoying loss of work
    Member of Dutch Power Cows
    (Number #1 overal winner)

This error is NOT CONNECTED with filelist.txt, it happens when there is some problem with the hardware (HD, CPU or memory) and is generally just a temorary glitch, easily sorted by doing what Hagar said.

After getting error 910 (by not trying to rectify "missing or corrupt *.min.val error first), erk could have purged just enough generations to get him to the beginning of the next set, and he could have saved more than 3750 generations.

I do agree that writing filelist.txt to HD few times per second is not necessary (done in order to save work in current generation) nor needed, and is very suspectible to power failures, however. I had quite a lot of "filelist.txt corrupt" errors myself, when nothing but deleting it would help.

no errors during uploading

Like everyone else, I have had trouble uploading this weekend. I did get one 910 error in the middle of an upload set, but it seems to have straightened itself out. I agree with Iggy that some effort should have been made to figure out the problem before deleting filelist.txt.
    =^..^=
    AZ Lynx
    =^..^=

Boinc'ing away
    I got a few 910s but that seems to be down to the anteaterbeta server being down - still got points (checked via the login page)...

I had the same problem as Hagar. I had 120 gens saved and decided to upload them. At around the 100th uploaded, it stopped. I checked the error file. It gave me the same error that Hagar got. I have had the problem before and fixed it by renaming the same type of file to the file mentioned in the error file. This time, it really didn't fix the problem. It deleted the 20 gens that didn't get uploaded, but when I start folding again, it goes back to the same place that I left off at.

If you have already deleted the 20 remaining gens, you will need to delete the filelist, since it is obviously no longer up to date. The 910 errors would have appeared due to the hardware outage, as it would cause quite a few uploads to not go through to completion, as the machines just died. This error would not affect anyone beyond the span of a single 250-generations set.
    Elena Garderman