Thread: DC sieve (300K - 3M)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally posted by ceselb
    I thought all the holes were listed already. Where are these ranges coming from? I don't see any at MikeH's page. (either here or here)
    When either Factors found by P-1 or from the factrange.txt file are submitted, they break up the ranges into parts too small to show on those pages. As valuable as I have found Mike's pages to be, I have had to supplement them with an Excel spreadsheet to find undersubmitted ranges. Note that many of those ranges with too few unique factors are ones that I initially sieved. I have had to go back over these ranges with Proth_Sieve to find and submit the missed factors.

I tried to attach the file but it was too large, even zipped. So I've cut it in two and have attached the data for Low-N (300K-3M) only. I have a similar file for the regular sieve (1M-20M) .
    The Sheet F1 I contains the count of unique factors for 1 T intervals, and computed values Weight and Square that allow for a linear interpolation so as to find undersubmitted intervals easier.
    $ing2=$p/1000000000000;
    $weight=$ing2*log($p)*log($p);
    $square=$ing2*$weight;
    The sheet F1-R contains the same data for each reserved and unassigned range.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Joe O