Thread: Wrapper talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saenger View Post
    As it's not the first time I read Angus in this very hostile, mainly ranting, not listening, my-way-or-the-highway style about his personal view of how things should be done, everything else is just utterly wrong, I came to the (for me) well founded conclusion that he is plainly a troll, nobody to take serious. The main problem with him is imho that his bullying attitude is detrimental to new users who may think he's typical for DC.
    When I'm right, I'm right, and I'll defend my opinion to the end.

At least I'm not making personal attacks like some.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    When I'm right, I'm right, and I'll defend my opinion to the end.
    You are moving not one piece from your position. You even do not honor that on OGR-27 (and ogr-26, but can't check it) is no more a single yoyo@home user any more. You do not honor, that boinc_wrapper is without a ranking number in DPAD stats. You do not honor, that yoyo@home feeds the Boinc community to the native projects which is 5-10% of dnet ogr power, 30-45% of DPAD, more than 50% of evolution@home.

For me it seems that you are not able to jump out of your view and look into the view of the majority of the Boinc users, you are probably not able to make any compromise.

To be honest, I'm feeling it different.

yoyo

And I thought this was a thread about RNA World.
    19 primes found. The largest: 1351*2^617684+1 (185945 digits)

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar

Okay BACK on TOPIC!

Okay Angus, Saenger, yoyo IF you want to "discuss" the merits of the yoyo@home wrapper and other BOINC related things please do so in the correct forum which FYI for you all IS NOT THIS ONE!
    Consider this a friendly reminder do try and get along boys and girls.
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..

Quote Originally Posted by gopher_yarrowzoo View Post
    Okay Angus, Saenger, yoyo IF you want to "discuss" the merits of the yoyo@home wrapper and other BOINC related things please do so in the correct forum which FYI for you all IS NOT THIS ONE!
    Consider this a friendly reminder do try and get along boys and girls.
    Can anyone of the admins move the off-topic posts to another part of this forum?

You're kidding, right? Nearly every second post by you in this thread included personal attacks on Yoyo. You started (this thread / the heated debate in the other thread) by a post with personal attacks on Yoyo. If you really think you made no personal attacks you're in desperate need to adjust yourself to reality again as you would be far off in this regard.

Edit:
    I recieved two of this:
    I can see them in my incriminated posts, I can't see any in Angus' insulting posts. Are they only to see for the posters themself?
    Last edited by Saenger; 01-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    No, they are there for all to see. I haven't really looked at infractions within vbulletin much I must admit.

Perhaps I'll check up on the vbulletin options in this area and see what is available.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    No, they are there for all to see.
    If so, why do Angus' insults go unpunished? Has he a free ride to insult others? Or is he past it?

Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
    Blog Entries
    None of his posts had been reported by anyone at that time.

No-one is above anyone else here at Free-DC.

If this degenerates any more though, I'm locking the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Saenger View Post
    You're kidding, right? Nearly every second post by you in this thread included personal attacks on Yoyo. You started (this thread / the heated debate in the other thread) by a post with personal attacks on Yoyo. If you really think you made no personal attacks you're in desperate need to adjust yourself to reality again as you would be far off in this regard.
    Since Yoyo named his "project" after himself (is that a hint?) , it's pretty hard to refer to it and keep the two entities separate.

Free-DC Semi-retire gopher_yarrowzoo's Avatar

Exclamation

Okay Enough I've read quite enough thank you very much and Angus this isn't aimed at anyone.. Bok I'm closing this thread before it gets any more hostile...

Angus - I see you point of view it screws with the stats but the science behind it gets done. Just remember what the spirit of Free-DC is about please.

YoYo - Yes well naming a project after yourself is always going to draw aggro at some point or other looks like that time is now. I can only commend the effort you put in but it is a pity you couldn't have when you wrapped it made sure that the individuals who were sending in the data that it went to them and showed up on the non-boinc stats should be possible might be something to look into in the future.

Saenger - No Angus post won't go unpunished, they are logged in my head and the infarction system is there and will be put in to use should this continue..

--- Thread Moved and re-opened as per request ---
    Please do not continue the personal attacks or I will just close the thread once more
    Last edited by gopher_yarrowzoo; 01-16-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: update
    Semi-retired from Free-DC...
    I have some time to help.....
    I need a new laptop,but who needs a laptop when you have a phone...
    Now to remember my old computer specs..