Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LAURENU2 View Post
    Not a single error-report in two weeks
    OK I will see if I can Brake your new toy
    I Just had my Bandwidth increased on both DSL lines here
    Michael H.W. Weber I thought you FIXED the problem with LOOOONNNG WU's
    I just aborted 6 WU's with 300 HRS of my time and the WU's still had 500 hrs to go
    A WU that runs for 100 to 200 HRS is absurd Michael
    Have you even put check point in Yet to save all that time ?

Michael H.W. Weber I thought you FIXED the problem with LOOOONNNG WU's
    I just aborted 6 WU's with 300 HRS of my time and the WU's still had 500 hrs to go
    A WU that runs for 100 to 200 HRS is absurd Michael
    Well, we do not have such WUs in the pipeline (except for Yoyo would be doing some testing). Hence, I assume that this could just be one of these BOINC-related run time mispredictions. Could you please let me know a few more details on these cancelled "WUs" if still available?

Michael.

P.S.: Test apps are disabled, right (we are currently working on the user job submission forms)?
    Last edited by Michael H.W. Weber; 05-16-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    http://www.rechenkraft.net - Germany's largest distributed computing community

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.

Blog Entries
    I guess you could find them here http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/resu...ames=0&state=5
    I really do not know how to give you the info you are asking for.
    All I know Is I Do not want to work on Long WU's
    I see them I abort them And as long as I see them I wi9ll not port mor power here

And Michael you avoided the question of
    Have you fixed this Problem yet ?

I really do not know how to give you the info you are asking for.
    If you cancelled them manually, then you will find their names in the message window of the BOINC manager which you could paste in here.

All I know Is I Do not want to work on Long WU's
    I see them I abort them And as long as I see them I wi9ll not port mor power here
    I understand. Since my last posting some weeks ago, the WUs are mainly around 1.5 hrs in size with only few exceptions and as I believe these can easily be handled even without checkpointing. More importantly, they do not consume these tremendous amounts of RAM as some earlier batches did.

And Michael you avoided the question of
    Have you fixed this Problem yet ?
    So far, checkpointing is there only for x86 Linux as before. As soon as this changes, we will of course announce it.

Michael.

- - - - - - - - - -
    RNAs are nanomachines or nanomachine building blocks. Examples: The ribosome, RNase P, the cellular protein secretion machinery and the spliceosome.

Blog Entries
    Well Michael I just Lost another 250 Hrs of computer time with 8 more Looonng WU,s I aborted
    My Error page on your sight has just doubled in size

http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/resu...ames=0&state=5

I am sure you can fine the names of the WU's on the above Page

Having such long WU' floating around WITHOUT any save points is Not a good thing Michael
    I am sorry to say that If I keep getting the few exceptions as you put it I will flick the switch on RNA Till you get it fixed

(1) The current run times, i.e. shortest, longest and average you can always look up at any time from our server status page [at present: 0.92 hrs average (0.03 min - 12.61 max)] and then decide whether or not to participate. However, I have seen many projects without any checkpointing and long running WUs while we at least offer checkpointing for x86 Linux. So, given the stability of our project I am currently quite happy with it but of course it always depends on how you like to use your machines.

(2) As detailed before, we will implement checkpointing on the basis of a functional VM as soon as possible.

(3) I will consider implementing a run-time selector such that, if possible at all at the BOINC server software's end (that I will have to check), users can select how long the biggest WU is allowed to be. I think this might be a useful compromise at this stage.

Michael.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well Michael I just Lost another 250 Hrs of computer time with 8 more Looonng WU,s I aborted
    My Error page on your sight has just doubled in size

http://www.rnaworld.de/rnaworld/resu...ames=0&state=5
    Hi Laurenu2,
    nobody has access to this url, only you as logged in user. Or I must hack me into your account, which I do not want. So please say at least one ID of an LONG wu.

yoyo

Blog Entries
    OK here is a screen shot of one page

Most were aborted 50% or less a few befor they started

I'm sorry I have a hatred of Long WU's
    I did one for UD that ran for about 2500 HRS 24/7 and it FAILED
    I was So Pi$$ed off I promised never to do another

This is also being reported on the RNA forum
    I thought it was also said you FIX or stooped the Long WU's in the Past
    Why are they Back in the system again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RNA.JPG 
Views:	467 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	1278